Wednesday, November 11, 2015

August 10, 2015

This week has been super crazy! not a whole lot going on but we
had zone conference on Tuesday and it was so good! we got taught by
president, he taught us about praying with faith and a bunch of other
stuff! me and elder ray also had a great opportunity to teach the
first lesson to the mission president and his wife in 5 minutes
exactly! now the first lesson is the restoration if you didn't know!
ha also I'm going to be honest I was very nervous to do this for
president because I want to show him and Sister Daines that I knew
what I was doing, and I want him and everyone else to feel of the
beautiful message of the restoration of the gospel! it is what sets us
apart from any other church ! we believe and we also acknowledge that
god still talks to man and there is a need for prophets in these days!
as we started the lesson I got the chance to share the account of how
Joseph smith explained the glorious event. and as iI share it you cant
help but feel the special spirit that follows every time you hear it!
and it goes like this,  I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head,
above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it
fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages,
whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in
the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said,
pointing to the other--This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!

Now all of you know how big of a baby I am! I was crying and so was
everyone else in the room.. but if there is anything I know its that, I
had nothing to do with why they were crying, it was nothing I did that
made them feel that way. It was the spirit that touch everyone in that
room because the POWER of that message! it is probably one of the most
important messages that people need to hear! I will never forget that
day and the things I felt the rest of that day in the remaining time i
spent in zone conference.

The enabling and strengthening aspect of the Atonement helps us to see
and to do and to become good in ways that we could never recognize or
accomplish with our limited mortal capacity. I testify and witness
that the enabling power of the Savior’s Atonement is real. Without
that strengthening power of the Atonement, I could not stand before
you this morning.
        Can we sense the grace and strengthening power of Christ in the
testimony of Ammon? “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength
I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of
my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many
mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise
his name forever” (Alma 26:12). In the strength of the Lord we can do
and endure and overcome all things.
We also can look on what Enoch said in Moses “And when Enoch had heard
these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake
before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy
sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of
speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
      “And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have
commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it
shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in
my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good” (Moses 6:31–32). I want
everyone to read or listen to In The Strength Of The Lord by David A
Bednar which is in the October 2004 Sunday session! its great! and it
talks more about what I've talked about!

everyone should realize that we by ourselves do can do nothing but
thought our master and savior! We can do all things! I know this to be
true, now more then every and I'm stilling learning day by day! it is
wonderful to be able to first hand how the hands of the lord work in
peoples life. there is nothing more power that you can do to
strengthen your testimony in Christ then to help do his work!

I love everyone and miss you all! You guys are in my prayers!

LOVE, ELDER LEAVITT ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment